blog

LT / The world is a book

12:00:00 AM

And those who do not travel only read the first page. I think it was St. Augustine who said that.
Getaway.
Last week, I shared that I have a new writing project - letters to my mother from every destination I visit. From my last trip, I managed to write a number of letters already (because I had a lot of stops), and I'm looking forward to my next trip if only to write more to her. And apart from the letters, I also rely on travel for new experiences that will inspire me to write, not just for my blog, but on my journals, and practically everything else.
Malabo Waterfalls, Pulang Bato, Valencia, Negros Island
It took a breakup for me to get that much-needed push to travel, and looking back, I couldn't help but feel even more grateful for what I thought back then would be the end of me. Well, it was the end of me - a part of me, that is. When the worst was over, I packed a bag and flew to Dumaguete, and the part of me that refused to live died in the process. I came back a new person, with a new thirst for life, and for travel.
Port of Dumaguete City at night
There is just so much to see out there, and if you don't travel, you're depriving yourself of the opportunity to know not just the world, but yourself, as well. When you travel, especially when you're alone, you open yourself up to a great deal of wonderful experiences you used to not have access to, and you learn so many things beyond your wildest imagination. You are also forced to open up to other people you meet on the way.
Apo Island
Dear reader, I urge you to travel. I urge you to leave the comfort of your home. I urge you to book a ticket and pack a bag - be it for a couple of nights or a couple of weeks or a couple of months. I urge you to go somewhere you've never been, for a fresh view, and maybe even a fresh start. If at all possible, travel alone - don't be afraid! It's when you're by yourself that you truly learn to depend on you, to enjoy your own company, and to love you.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)