blog

FTF / Beautiful Cebu - part 1

12:00:00 AM

The first time I went to Cebu, I was pretty much confined to Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan, Cowrie Grill, and Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We made a couple of stops for Cebu lechon, but nothing more - it was just a day trip so I didn't get the chance to really explore.

So after ACC 2014, I made sure I'd be able to go around Cebu City - I bugged my friend Chari to give me the grand tour! On Saturday evening, she picked me up from the hotel and we had dinner in Brique, a newly-opened modern Italian restaurant. Chari's boyfriend, Rick, joined us after a while - I finally got to meet him, yay!
Growing child
(photo by Chari Tan)
I want one at home - with wines, please
(photo by Chari Tan)
I was so hungry then, so I ordered marinara pasta and pork chops for myself, while Chari had the carbonara. She also ordered calamari as an appetizer, and the presentation was very charming! The food was great, as was the ambiance  Their wine shelf was built right into the wall, and the moment I laid eyes on it, I knew I would have one built in my future home!
Dolce
(photo by Chari Tan)
After dinner, Chari decided I needed to see the city at night, so she brought me to Dolce, a cute little coffee shop with a wonderful view of Cebu City. The view reminded me of Antipolo, but the cool wind was reminiscent of Tagaytay - and it was beautiful. We had coffee as we tried to give each other a recap of what we've both been up to in the year we didn't see each other.

Before Chari and Rick drove me back to Shangri-La, we had a massage in Nuat Thai. I actually asked her if we could go, because after ACC, I was just beat! It was absolutely amazing - partly because the masseuse was very skilled, and partly because I was just so tired, any treatment would have been awesome.

I slept like a baby that night, and by the time I woke up, I was refreshed enough for the second leg of my tour of beautiful Cebu.

To be continued...

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)