blog

FTF / Ramen run - Dumaguete leg

12:00:00 AM

When I visited Dumaguete last June, the regular ramen runs to Malate with my friends Alfred and Franco had just started. On my first night there, Franco even called to say that they were having ramen without me! Haha! Out of sheer inggit, I walked over to Mifune Japanese Restaurant, but sadly for me, I went their on their buffet night, which meant no ramen. So when I returned last September, I just HAD to go back to Mifune for my ramen fix - and this time, I dragged Franco with me. 
Seafood ramen FTW
Salmon sashimi and California maki
I was game to try something different, so instead of my usual shoyu ramen, I opted for the seafood one. I didn't regret it! :) The broth was tasty, but it wasn't thick so I didn't find it overwhelming. The seafood (shrimp, fish, and squid) were noticeably fresh, and that spelled all the difference. It costs Php250 a bowl, which is expensive by Dumaguete standards, but it was worth every penny.
Chicken katsudon
Fruit platter
Also worth every penny were all the other things we ordered! Since it was our last night there, Franco and I totally pigged out by ordering food that would feed and satisfy about four people whose appetites fall within the range of normal (obviously, that's not us!). On top of the ramen, we also ordered salmon sashimi, chicken katsudon, California maki, and a fruit platter for dessert! The total bill ran up to just a little over Php1,000, which is not bad at all!

The food is great, and the place has that cozy, homey feel, but still a bit hole-in-the-wall-ish. I'm sorry I couldn't think of a better descriptor! Haha! Anyway, Mifune is an overall great place, and my new mission in life is to bring Alfred there! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)