blog

HFT / Daddy-o's in better shape than you are!

12:00:00 AM

He's 47 years old. He's a practicing dentist, with clinic hours from 9am to 5pm. And he's called "The Saint." Doesn't seem threatening, right? Right? Right? WRONG. He's a f*cking MMA fighter. Angelito Manguray is a freak of nature. And I mean that in a good way.
Who's yo daddy?!?!
(photo by Dodong dela Cruz)
Last October 23, at URCC 25: Takeover, he fought against Miguel Mosquera of Submission Sports. He may have lost, but man, he didn't make it easy for his opponent, who's half his age. As I watched the fight, I heard people jeering, calling him "Daddy!" I doubt that he could hear it in the middle of the fight, but I'm sure he's not bothered by it in the least. In an interview some years back, he was asked about his age, and he was quick to say that he doesn't feel it.

Karate is this man's life, and when MMA was introduced to Davao City in 2002, he gave it a try out of sheer curiosity. Cliche as it may sound - the rest was history. To prepare for fights, he trains twice a day, before and after clinic duties. But I'd assume he sticks to the same routine even during the off-season, because he's in really good shape for his age!



He's now one of my inspirations to stay healthy as I age (he's my male peg, and the female one is a yoga instructor I met in Cyrano). I know I'm young, but it's never too early to start taking care of myself to slow, stop, or maybe even reverse the ageing process. Manguray really made health and fitness his lifestyle, and it definitely paid off. I hope that when I hit that age, I'd still be as vital as I am now.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)