blog

HFT / Running to my beat!

12:00:00 AM

Among my favorite job perks from the time I worked in Selecta are the FREE RUNS! Through the ice cream giant's sponsorships of running events, I've joined the Condura Skyway Marathon in 2012 and 2013, and the Rexona Run in 2012. I'm quite lucky that my friends are still there, because I still got a kit for this year's Rexona Run!

This year's run is very different from 2012 because of the music tunnels! I skipped 2013, but I heard that "Run To Your Beat" started last year. It's definitely a great way to spice up a run! I opted to not bring my trusty iPod like I normally would on runs, so when there wasn't music from the tunnels, Hannah and I would just be talking non-stop.

Hannah and I were running at the start, but because we haven't seen each other in such a long time, we ended up walking through most of the 10-kilometer course. I didn't beat my personal record, but I'm perfectly fine with that. Even if I tried, I probably couldn't because I wasn't able to prepare for the run, anyway. I started a new job a couple of weeks earlier, and I was also finishing other commitments I made prior to my start date, so I wasn't able to squeeze in running. 
Hippity hop
(photo by Hannah Patetico)
 Rexona Run 2014 had three music tunnels, and my favorite was the first one - Electric Avenue - because they played my kind of stuff - late 80s to early 90s glam rock! The other two were for EDM and for hiphop (the three music stations actually reminded me of The Wild Bunch OST), so whatever your taste is, they had something for you.

Aside from Hannah, I also got to see another Running Belle, Danna, plus two of my former cubemates, Oliver and Aira! They ran 5K so they finished ahead of me and Hannah. And I saw Sherwin, too - he's also from Unilever - my father donated blood for his mother when I was still working there, and that's how we met. 

I'm not sure how long it took me to take on 10 kilometers this time because I don't have recorded chip time - Hannah and I arrived late, so we were no longer allowed to cross the start line, which was also the finish line. I'm guessing it took over 1:45, but it felt shorter because Hannah and I just had so much to talk about. Now that's definitely a fun run! :D


isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)