change

If I just fixed myself up a bit

12:00:00 AM

I am not a vain person - my friends can attest to that. I'm one of those people who would readily step out of the condo in a tattered shirt, without a hint of makeup on my face. Heck, I leave the house without combing my hair a lot of times. I'm very particular about hygiene, but I'm just too lazy to go beyond that. 

My ultimate bro, J-Sio, has been telling me for the longest time that I don't put enough importance to my appearance. His pet peeve is my hair - he hates that I keep it in a pony tail all the time, that it's so damaged and that I refuse to get it treated at the salon. And he makes sure that he points that out to me every chance he gets. 
I look okay, right? Maybe I should keep at this. Haha!
But to be fair to J-Sio, he balances it out with compliments. Whenever I do decide to get dolled up a bit, he also calls me out on looking nicer than usual (he's cool like that). He keeps telling me that all I really need to fix my hair. He even said that if I just addressed that problem area, I would be "totally dateable." Haha!

JR told me something down the same lines. We met up once in Cyrano, where I was having a long discussion with Alex about my new favorite television series, "House of Cards." I guess I must have sounded smarter than I really am; JR told me that if I just learned to fix myself up nicely, I could easily get any guy I want. 

Well, for the record, I know that I'm not ugly. I also know that I'm smart. I'm generally nice. I don't have a hard time making friends. I do make an effort to look presentable when I know I have a big meeting or a wedding gig. But if I'm just going to meet up with the boys for ramen or for a couple of cold ones, I don't really feel the need to work on my appearance. 

Maybe I should, though. Maybe it's about time I listened to the voices of J-Sio, JR, and other friends who always tell me to fix my hair.  To wear something nice. To put on a tiny bit of make-up. Caring a little about how I look does not make me vain or superficial. If anything, it tells the world that I've not "let myself go," that I know how to take care of myself. 

It's not just about dating, you see. It's about making a good impression, which is especially important with my line of work - I really can't expect my clients to believe that I know what I'm talking about when I don't look polished. With that in mind, I stocked up on conditioner, and I started waking up extra early to fix it up. As for make-up, well, I'm lucky I have kikay friends who can help me in that department. 

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)