blog

MW / Park music

12:00:00 AM

On the same day that H&M was launched in the Philippines, Manaha had a gig! Gershwin's high school friend, Voltaire, invited us to perform at the launch of the Food Truck Park in Park N Sell, a garage in Meralco Avenue, Ortigas. Because we're all worker bees now, we didn't really have much time for practice, but we didn't want to pass up the chance to share our music.
Wonderful!
(photo by Voltaire Lozada)
We sang six songs, I think, all originals, of course. I struggled a bit because I was a bit under the weather at the time, but as the cliche goes - the show must go on! Too bad Bok couldn't make it that night because he had work, but it's okay - there will be other gigs, and we're sure he'll be with us then. It's funny - I flew to Cebu after our 70s Bistro gig, and after this one, it was Gersh's turn to run to the airport! Our set started rather late - it was way past ten when we took the "stage" (it was actually a tent), but it was okay because at least it wasn't raining anymore.
Yum!
Food Truck Park, as the name implies, is a weekly food fest where the city's best food trucks get to showcase their yummiest offerings for urban jungle dwellers. My friend Andrei actually owns one of the trucks there - Truck Bun - so of course I had to give that a try! The BBQ Pulled Pork Bun was just too awesome, and at Php175, it's a steal! I had gelato, too - but I waited until after our set before I bought myself a cup. :)

 The best part about Food Truck Park is if you're a big group, there's certainly something for everyone. I'm sure we've all experienced not knowing which restaurant to go to because someone wants this and the other one wants something else, and Food Truck Park is a great fix for that! Visit them in Park N Sell - they'll be there until the end of December. Enjoy!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)