birthday

And I've become officially older, again.

12:00:00 AM

And that's not a bad thing. I do hope, however, that I got a little bit wiser than I was a year ago. I'll be first to admit that in a lot of ways, I'm still very immature. But for what it's worth, I do try to learn. This whole growing up thing is a lot trickier than growing old, and I hope I'm doing as much of the former as I am of the latter.
Setting my sights on big goals. Wish me luck.
(image from the internet)
I'm 28 years old today, and before I start with my usual birthday reflection, I'd like to thank my Mom (who's in heaven now), for bringing me to this world in 1986 after nine months of being a heavy load in her uterus.

In December 2012, I put together a list of 27 things I wanted to do/accomplish/try before my 27th birthday. I'll admit I wasn't able to do/accomplish/try everything I wrote there for a number of reasons/excuses. Perhaps 27 is just a tad too many, and if there's one thing I learned over the past couple of years, it's that I need to start editing.

For the record, I remain very open to new opportunities and experiences, and if I could, I would take on everything. But I can't. I have finite time, and finite energy, and although I'm still figuring things out, at this age I should already be able to determine which things to focus on and which to let go. In other words, I ought to start the process of simplifying my life.

So for this year, I'm not going to make a "29 before 29" list anymore. In its place, I'm going to form new habits that I think will help me achieve my goals. Hopefully, the coming year will be one of holistic growth for me. Wish me luck, folks!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)