blog

HFT / Instaworkout

12:00:00 AM

Confession: I have not been training as much as I should lately because of work. Because I'm very new to the office, and to the industry, as a whole, I'm still adjusting. I know that once I manage to find my rhythm, I'll be able to find time for training once again. Until then, though, my boss Meg shared with me a temporary fix - taking the stairs. I'm lucky because our building offers us this option - others, especially the high-rise sort, only allow access to the stairwells in cases of emergency. 
Up you go!
(photo from the internet)
My cube is on the fourth floor, and at least once a day, I pay the seventh floor folks a visit, and when I do, I always take the stairs both ways. I know it doesn't sound much, but it's not nothing - it's the chance to stretch my legs, to get my blood circulating, and maybe even burn a few calories ("few" being the operative word). And when there's a need to take several up and down trips each day, it's like getting an instant workout!

When I'm in the mood, I take two steps at a time for added resistance, and by the time I get to the seventh floor, I actually feel a slight tension in my legs. It's still too short a workout, I'll admit, but again, it's not nothing - we take what we can get, haha! 

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)