BJJ

FTF / Working and playing in Davao!

12:00:00 AM

In November 2014, I found myself packing a bag for a week-long trip to Davao and General Santos to conduct research for one of the brands I'm managing for the agency. I was traveling with Jen and Posie from the Insighting Team, and in both places, our clients were with us for the study. Our itinerary was full during the day, but after six, we had some time in our hands to have a little bit of fun! :)

On our first night in Davao, Jen, Posie, and I took a cab to Glamour Crab Buffet. I actually don't eat crabs anymore - I used to, when I was growing up, but for some reason I just stopped - but I wanted to get to know the ladies, I joined them still. What I didn't consume in crabs, I compensated for in shrimps. (After dinner, I headed off to Metro Lifestyle Gym to meet the folks from DEFTAC Davao, with whom I trained on my second night there.)
Buffet!
Pasalubong galore
Hi!!!
A prayer.
For the most part, Davao was one big food trip - everything we ate was just so good, made from the freshest produce. We were billeted in The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites, a nice local hotel, and of course I maximized the buffet breakfasts, haha! After crabs, it made perfect sense to have tuna, which we did for lunch at Ellen's Tuna Queen. This was followed by coffee and cake at Basti's Brew. :)

No trip would be complete without pasalubong shopping, of course. With our clients, we scoured the fruit stands for the smelly durian. I'm personally not a fan of that fruit (or fruits in general - unless they're served to me on a platter, haha!), so I ended up just buying a pair of pearl earrings from a street vendor - and I've been wearing them everyday since.

We swung by SM Lanang Premier on our last night there, and of course I visited SMX Convention Center Davao. It was the last property that I wrote a brochure for - I was commissioned for it a few months after I decided to leave the company. There was a conference on Islamic relations so I didn't get to explore the place.

The next morning, Jen, Posie and I hopped on a van bound for General Santos, the next stop of our research adventure. Before leaving, though, we made one last stop in the Holy Spirit Adoration Convent to say our prayers. I had a lot to be grateful for, and although I'm not particularly religious (I'm spiritual, not religious), I found myself in prayer, thanking God for all the wonderful things I got to see in Davao.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)