change

The one thing

12:00:00 AM

I've moved a lot of times in my seven years of work. I've tried and failed in sales and in public relations, while I've had a fair amount of success in various communication disciplines. I've dabbled with freelancing for events, switching functions from production assistant to account manager to scriptwriter to voice over to singer, depending on the requirement. Now, I'm working in advertising while I'm slowly building a business in the MMA industry.

On the surface, it's easy for people to dismiss me as a person who lacks direction, and I can't really blame people who would think so - I've tried so many things in a short amount of time, without particular focus on any one thing. Believe me, I get their point. And for what it's worth, I salute people who have found that one thing they'd like to do for the rest of their lives.
To some people, there's just no one path.
(photo from the internet)
But I can't help but want to try new things. This is the age to explore, to see the world, and to learn, and I don't subscribe to the idea of being confined to one field, to one venture, to one thing. There's so much to be done. I know that some things will work out, some won't, and some will totally blow up in my face.

There's no better time to fuck up than now, though. I'll get knocked down every once in a while, that's for sure. I won't succeed in everything I try, but I'm young and I know that I'm resilient enough to bounce back. There are opportunities now that I know I won't have when I'm older. I don't and I know I won't ever regret mistakes, but I'm sure that I will beat myself up for not trying when I'm already too old for new things.

Maybe I'll figure it all out some day. Maybe I'll even find that one thing, or maybe not - I really can't say right now. But everything I do now takes me a step closer to fulfillment - the kind measured by standards I've set for myself, gauged not by money, but by value.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)