advice

Make idle time your learning time

12:00:00 AM

I was never much of a techie person - even as a kid, I spent little time on computer games and most of my waking hours either playing outside or reading a good book. I didn't change much when I grew up - I only got a smartphone in the latter part of 2013 because I was perfectly happy with my old school Nokia phone that allowed me to make calls and send text messages.

But now that I've adjusted to my smartphone, I've learned to appreciate all the wonderful things it could do for me - the best of which, in my opinion, is the access to information anytime, anywhere. This day and age, everything you need to know is right at your fingertips - you just need to learn to filter your sources to be sure you get correct info.
Addict!
(image from the internet)
I'm able to convert my idle time into learning time through podcasts. I listen to them when I'm picking up groceries, cleaning my condo, washing my gi, walking to work. I'm not a proponent of multi-tasking, but I think it's okay if one of the two tasks you're trying to juggle is purely mechanical (and therefore requires minimal brain work).

My best friend Joandrea told me to listen to The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes, while my other friend Cheska told me to try Freakonomics (by the way, Cheska listens to podcasts while driving, so even time spent in traffic is productive!). I'm looking for more podcasts to listen to, but as it is, I'm learning so much from those two.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)