blog

MW / And it's me

12:00:00 AM

Just so we're clear: I have loved singer-songwriter-all around musician Paula Cole before her song, "I Don't Wanna Wait," was included in the soundtrack of teen drama Dawson's Creek. When I first saw the music video of "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?", I totally flipped out and I begged my mom to buy me a copy of her album, "This Fire."
Art.
(image from the internet)
It was one of the most beautiful records I have ever had the privilege of listening to; not a single song was a waste of tape. Of all the tracks, though, what eventually became my favorite was "Me." It became my anthem growing up - it was a reminder for me that, more often than not, our biggest enemy is ourselves:

And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love

Those lines really left an imprint on the little awkward, insecure me. Listening to the song was empowering, and it became the soundtrack of my life when I was in high school. Well, to this day, I actually still listen to this song when I find myself doubting my path, my judgment - to remind myself that I am stronger than I give myself credit for.

If you're not familiar with the song, click on the video below:


I hope this song changes your life the way it changed mine.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)