birthday

Happy birthday to the freshly-minted Mrs. Sac!

12:00:00 AM

My dearest Pauline,

A month ago, you officially became Mrs. Sac, and I am extremely grateful that you invited me to be part of your perfect wedding. You know me well enough to know that "perfect" isn't a word I throw around lightly - as an obsessive-compulsive person, I have very high standards for the use of that descriptor. That being said, I couldn't really think of any other (single) word that would accurately describe your wedding.

I'm not in the least bit surprised at how beautifully your wedding turned out - you've always had such impeccable style and understated grace, and that definitely helped make that day truly amazing. But more than anything, it's your thoughtfulness that really made all the difference. Every little detail is a piece of you and John that you happily shared with all of us fortunate enough to be your friends, and I'm grateful to have been part of it.

When I tried to trace back the series of events that led to your new surname, I found myself amazed at how things turned out. We both know you guys didn't exactly have a smooth start, and back then, if from a purely objective standpoint, it may even be said that the two of you dating was the wrong decision. But down the road, that wrong decision turned out to be the best one you both ever made (so far, of course - the next best decision would be having a baby! Haha!), and I couldn't be any happier for you.

I said this before and I'll say it again: you, my dear, are a beautiful, intelligent, and thoughtful woman, and you deserve all the wonderful things that life has to offer. From this point forward, John is no longer the man of your dreams. He is the man of your reality, and your reality has become a far better version of your dreams because together, you made it so.

For the nth time, congratulations to you and John.  <3 And oh, happy first birthday as a missus. :)

isawisay

Photo by Patti Gaite
"I promise to always take your side and to always be by your side, and wherever that may be, I will call it home." 
-Pau
Photo by Jordan Bergantin of Egg Yolk Design House
"I thought you were just a dream that I can never have, and now you are mine forever." 
-John

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)