blog

LT / He smells like strength debrief

12:00:00 AM

Women are more influenced by how a man smells than how he looks. #8FACT

When I read that quote off an 8FACT post on Instagram, I totally flipped out. I took a screenshot and I sent it through Viber to my friend Reese, with whom I had a (rather odd) conversation about how men smell. At 2:34 AM, at that! And because I'm your average, run-of-the-mill, painfully cliched writer, I wrote a poem (published in last week's Literary Thursday column) based on that exchange.
Like metal, maybe?
(photo from the internet)
Reese is my wee-hours-of-morning confidante, and for that reason, she is almost 100% aware of my recent dating history. I told her about a guy I have a crush on, and one of the questions she asked me was what he smells like. It was quite an unexpected question, and my thumbs ended up typing the first thing that popped into my head: Strength. He smells like strength, and at that moment, I didn't know how to elaborate. Luckily for me, Reese knows and understands what strength smells like!

I've had a little bit of time to think about my response to Reese's question, the result of which is the poem. I am aware that it's not canon poetry, and I'm not pretending that it is. It may even be quite juvenile, if you ask me, but I still opted to share it on this blog because it is an honest piece. He did smell like strength. It wasn't perfume (he wasn't wearing any). He has impeccable hygiene, so no, it does not smell bad at all.

I've known him for a while now, but I only recently picked up his scent; I got a whiff when I hugged him goodbye. Maybe it's hormones - that's IF, of course, he has any interest in yours truly (so far, all signs have been pointing to NONE, haha!). I'd like to think it's his soul, reaching out to the other soul within range (mine) for understanding, and because I picked up the signal, we may have more common ground than I initially thought.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)