advice

LT / Seeing, healing, loving

12:00:00 AM

"Writing allows, even forces us to see and be silent and to listen to the minutest details and yet the vastness of the workd. And this teaches us that the difficulties, though many or seemingly insurmountable, are just the peripheries of life. In the end, we realize that we are so muc more than these pains, or even the joys. I am so proud of you, Isay. Continue seeing and healing and loving!" 
-Randy Solis
I misspelled peripheries, I'm sorry. 
To attend my friend Pauline's wedding in Boracay, I took the ferry from Batangas to Caticlan. It was a long trip, so I had plenty of time to think, to read, and to write. I brought my new Creativity Journal with me - it was heavy, yes, but I just had to travel with it - and then it suddenly occurred to me to message Randy Solis, the instructor from the Creativity and Problem Awareness course I enrolled in back in college.

I told him that I had a new journal, and in the same message, I thanked him. I told him that I wasn't sure if he actually had an idea, but I was going through a very difficult time that summer I took his class and it was the constant writing exercise that really helped me heal. Although I am much stronger now than I was back then, any form of help I could get to manage my issues (deciding on a career path, building a business, recovering from injury, and struggling with unnecessary emotions) is welcome.

The message at the start of this post was his response, and I shed a few tears on the ferry. To be told by someone I look up to that he is proud of me means a lot. :) Thank you, Sir Randy! I'm sure you're changing the lives of your students now. :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)