blog

MW / Trippy music

12:00:00 AM

In the same way that I was surprised at how much I liked Ron Henley's "Biglang Liko" when I first heard it in the car with Alfred and Kat, I wasn't prepared for how much my mind was going to explode upon hearing "Strange" by German duo Adana Twins. I heard the song for the first time at home - I had a friend over, and we were just listening to music on Spotify when this song suddenly started playing.

We both had to pause, look at each other, and say, "Whoa, this song is really trippy!"

I ran to the iPad to check the name of the artist and the title of the song. Being the dork that I am, I Googled the group and I learned that they are not biological twins. Haha! The duo was formed in 2006 by Take It Easy and Friso, both accomplished DJs in their own right. They released their album, "Exploited," in 2012, which was a huge hit in the European club scene.

Still through Spotify, I listened to a few more tracks on their album, and although I'm not a huge fan of deep house, I'm making an exception for the Adana Twins. I like the heavy and dark notes mixed with steady, laid-back dance beats. Aside from Strange, the other songs I liked are "Drive" and "Everyday." Their music isn't like the average, adrenaline-pumping sort that dominates the genre.

Check them out on Spotify the next time you're looking for new acts. You might get hooked like me! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)