blog

FTF / Official business lunch. Right.

12:00:00 AM

Living and working in Makati has made me so much of a walker that I inadvertently confined my culinary explorations to nearby places. I don't really visit food hotspots outside my ten-block radius unless, of course, people drag me over. My visit to Mad Mark's Creamery and Good Eats and to Poco Deli in Kapitolyo, Pasig is no exception - I was there with my officemates from the ad agency, because we all decided to have lunch before heading back to the office from a meeting with one of our Ortigas-based clients.
Generous serving.
I haven't had breakfast so I had the Signature Steak with two sides. Haha! I've only ever been to Mad Mark's once, so I can't really speak for the consistency of their cooking, but the steak that I got was cooked perfectly. I had mine done medium rare, and it was very tender. For the grilling sauce, I chose Bootstrap Steak Sauce, which is their bestseller, and I wasn't disappointed - it was subtle, which is something I appreciate because it doesn't overpower the natural flavors of the meat.
Blackout indeed
Mad Mark's is better known for its ice cream, but I didn't get to try any of it because we moved to Poco Deli for coffee and the Blackout Chocolate Cake. As the name implies, that cake is loaded with enough chocolate to make one black out! There was six of us that day, but we only managed to finish one slice. It's very, very good, and maybe that's precisely why you don't really need a lot of it to enjoy it. Goes well with their brewed coffee, I must say.

Parking was a bit of a challenge, so it was a great thing that those two restaurants are near each other - we just walked from Mad Mark's to Poco Deli as soon as we were done with our steaks. Maybe next time I'm in the area, I could change it up a little - I'll have my meal in Poco Deli, and then I'll (finally) try Mad Mark's ice cream. :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)