blog

FTF / We train then we eat

12:00:00 AM

My friend Franco has a habit of dragging my unfit ass to training, and some time in January, we went back to XCon Tiger City Boxing Gym in Mandaluyong. It was my second time there, and just like the first, the workout was great! I trained with Robin again, but because of my rib injury, I skipped the circuit training (I had seven rounds of mitts, instead). Reese joined us that afternoon, and after the workout, we were all hungry.

We drove to Kapitolyo, Pasig for our post-workout sustenance, and we ended up in Tomahawk Chops and Grill. They've both eaten there already (I think they've both tried all the restaurants in Kapitolyo, haha!), but because I haven't yet, they agreed to take me there instead. Reese even advised me what to order - the restaurant's specialty: grilled pork chops - and of course I took heed. It was delicious! :)
Yum! :)
Served with dirty rice (or white rice, depending on what you prefer - but I highly recommend the dirty rice even if it's a bit spicy), salsa (I finished mine, Franco's, and Reese's), and corn (my choice of side dish), it was indeed a very satisfying meal. The chops were thick, but still very juicy and very tender. I don't usually like sauces on meat because I'm a minimalist when it comes to food, but their signature sauce was divine! I spent close to Php400, and it was worth every penny.

If you find yourself in Kapitolyo and you're not sure where to go, do try out Tomahawk Chops and Grill. They're open from Mondays to Sundays, from 11:00AM to 2:00PM and 6:00PM to 11:00PM. They take reservations (just call them), and they accept credit cards. Parking might be a problem on a busy day, so just be ready to walk a bit in case there aren't slots near the restaurant. Enjoy! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)