BJJ

LT / Writer, fighter

12:00:00 AM

Confession: I'm still only halfway through reading "A Fighter's Heart" by Sam Sheridan. I've been incredibly busy so I couldn't really sit down and read as much as I want to. However, I don't think I need to finish this book to have a definitive opinion on the writing - which is very, very good. In fact, it's written so well that Sheridan is now my new life peg - writer, fighter. Don't get me wrong - the book is far from Shakespearean, but it's definitely worth the read for fighters and for people who are thinking about getting into fighting.
The author, the peg
(photo from the internet)
Although his Harvard education had a lot to do with how well the book was written, I think that what makes his work great is how Sheridan immersed himself into fighting. He not only trained in different martial art forms, he trained with some of the world's best. And he actually fought in the ring and in the cage, which makes him more credible, as it sets him apart from other MMA writers and journalists who have only ever experienced a fight from the sidelines.

Even if Sheridan's story is mostly about fighting, I think this book is a good read for anyone who's ever had to train or study to compete. :) I hope that when the time comes that I could legitimately call myself a "fighter," I could write something like this, too. :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)