blog

FTF / Damn good burgers

12:00:00 AM

After a business meeting in Kapitolyo some time in February, Franco and I ended up in Jupiter St. in Makati for some damn good burgers from a small al fresco restaurant called Sweet Ecstasy. There were a lot of other options in Pasig, but for some weird reason, none of the restaurants there appealed to me that day. Franco asked me what I was craving for, and when I said burger, he made a U-turn and drove to Makati.

My craving was definitely satisfied. And although I must have gained five pounds from that single meal, I have absolutely no regrets! I ordered a double burger, fries, and a Speculoos milkshake, and man, it was worth every penny!
Whoa
The burger had the juiciest patties ever! When I first saw it, I got a bit worried about how I was going to finish it, but because I'm me, I found a way. Haha! Just to sort of balance out my nutritional intake, I asked them to load it up with veggies - tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. The place's secret is the ecstasy sauce - I couldn't tell what it's made of, but it was so good!
Interesting wall art
Hi Ate! Burger please! :)
Franco and I split the fries and the milkshake, which was a good idea because the burger alone was quite overwhelming. He wanted to order wings but he decided against it because we couldn't share that (I don't eat spicy food). We ordered Fantastic Fries, the simplest of the bunch, because I'm not really big on frills when it comes to my potatoes.

The milkshake was the perfect dessert after a heavy meal. I'm not a huge fan of Speculoos on its own, but I like it when it's in chocolate (white chocolate, to be exact). I was choosing between Speculoos and Salted Caramel, and eventually decided on the former (which reminds me - I have to go back to try the Salted Caramel Milkshake!).

Sweet Ecstasy Manila is open from Mondays to Fridays, 11:00AM to 12:00MN, Saturdays, 4:00PM to 12:00MN, and Sundays, 4:00PM to 10:00PM. The place is almost always packed, so be prepared to wait! I assure you, it will be worthwhile. :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)