blog

LT / The Proust Questionnaire #1

12:00:00 AM

Lately, I've not had as much reading and writing time because of my insane work schedule. I hate it, but hey, girl's gotta eat and pay the bills. I've run out of books to write about and literary works to share for this section of my blog! :( I recently stumbled upon The Proust Questionnaire on one of my favorite websites, Brain Pickings. The Proust Questionnaire is a personality questionnaire that got its name and popularity from the responses given by French writer Marcel Proust. It has 20 seemingly simple but wildly thought-provoking questions, and for the next 20 weeks of Literary Thursday, I plan to answer and reflect upon each one, starting today.
Marcel Proust
(image from the internet)
Question #1: What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Wow, this is a great kick-off question!

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. In school, I struggled with math not because I was no good at it (I actually did quite well on those times that I poured time and effort into studying it), but because I would much rather be writing. Back then, I'd lock myself up in my room for an hour or two each day to write on my journals . Writing assignments like reflection papers and essays were always welcome.

When I travel, I never leave home without a pen and a notebook in my bag - even if it's just an overnight trip, I consider it too big a risk to not have those things with me because inspiration can come from anywhere and at any time. I have a pretty reliable phone, but to me, there is no substitute to the experience of writing by hand.

By profession, I'm now a writer, and I have to admit that there are days when writing feels like a chore. This is particularly true for when I'm handling projects I'm not genuinely enthusiastic about - more often than not, however, those are the jobs that keep me financially afloat, so of course I have to suck it up.

All that said, my perfect idea of happiness is having all the time in the world to write what I want. Wonderful locations such as beaches in the early morning, a coffee shop by the sea or overlooking the city at night, or even in a cool, foggy forest are preferred, but not required. I just need quiet corner where I could be alone with my thoughts and with my fountain pen and creativity journal.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)