beach

MW / Sunset hippie

12:00:00 AM

When I told my teammate, Adrian, that I was going to Summer Siren, an EDM festival in Zambales, his reaction was, "Ikaw?" (You?). Haha! I can't really blame him. If you're my friend, or if you've been reading this blog, then you would know that I'm not into electronic dance music because (1) I'm really into rock and jazz, and (2) I could not dance to save my life (my moves are so awful, subjecting the world to it is unjust).

But I do have an appreciation of EDM. My friend Jerry first introduced me to it a few years back, and my work further exposed me to the genre. Over time, it just grew on me, and sometimes I would actually find myself singing and tapping along to the songs.

And although I still don't dance, I had an awesome time at Summer Siren! Marvin, known in the EDM scene as DJ Seeya, and his lovely wife Carla invited me to tag along with them for a crazy fun weekend, and I'm so glad I said yes! :) An aside, I'm actually from the same batch as Marvin in Ateneo, and we were introduced once or twice back then. After graduation, I never saw him again until Pauline and John's wedding!
CarlaMarvin
Marvin's set was absolutely awesome - with the beautiful beach sunset as his backdrop. I'm not saying this because he's a friend, but because it's the truth. :) Can't wait for next year!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)