BJJ

LT / The Proust Questionnaire #8

12:00:00 AM

Question: When and where were you happiest?

This is actually a difficult question because I'm a firm believer that happiness is a choice: you could be happy anytime, anywhere if you decide to be. I do not mean the euphoric or delirious kind of happiness. Rather, I'm pertaining to a quiet, more subdued happiness - the type that puts a smile on my face before I go to sleep at night. Happy is my constant. Do not misunderstand me, though; I still feel unhappy every now and then. There are things that get to me, painful words, events, or decisions. But I lick my wounds, and then I bounce back. The time I need to recover depends on the circumstances, but the point is that I recover.

Okay, so maybe that's overthinking the question. Haha! Sorry! But hey, at least I'm the happy kind of overthinker - I rationalize to be happy. Halfway through the process, I may encounter a few bumps that make me temporarily miserable. But I come out of the whole thing happy. Again, it's because I decide to be. My best friend in the whole wide world, Joandrea, told me that I'm a healthy overthinker, that it is deeply linked to rationality and not emotions. Okay, so maybe that's not a good thing in all cases, but  I'll take it.  After all, overthinking is how I earn a living. :)
This was home.
But okay, a simple answer to the question would be each training session in jiu-jitsu. I thought my answer would be from any one of my travels this year, but as my mind went through images of all the wonderful places I've been to, the picture of the mats, with my friends rolling like kids in a big playground, just stood out. And no matter how much I tried to take my thoughts back to my travels, my mind was telling me that that was the answer to the question.

Maybe soon. We'll see.

When and where were you happiest?

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)