blog

The Proust Questionnaire #9

12:00:00 AM

Question: What talent would you most like to have?

This one's easy: I would love to have the ability to learn languages really fast. It's no secret that I love to read, and I do it only in two languages - Filipino (Tagalog) and English. Of course I'm able to pick up a few things in Spanish and Bisaya every once in a while, and I phonetically know songs in Portuguese because of my love for bossa nova, but I really would like to become a real polyglot.
Photo from the internet
I'm a big fan of the television series Alias, which starred Jennifer Garner as super spy Sydney Bristow. I devoured every episode with gusto, moreso the ones where Gina Torres (Jessica Pearson on the hit TV series Suits) guest-starred as Sydney's arch-nemesis, Anna Espinosa. Both characters were polyglots, and one of my favorite exchanges were when they were talking in different languages - English, French, German, Russian - and I wished I could do that.

Okay, maybe it's not too late to get started. Which one should I learn first, though? :)

What talent would you most like to have?

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)