blog

HFT / Out of shape

12:00:00 AM

When I was still actively training in jiu-jitsu, I actually packed on weight. My clothes still fit the same way, so I wasn't worried; I was just developing some muscle. But things happened and I had to stop training, which undid all the progress I made in six months. I really felt that I was out of shape when I embarked on The Great Mindanao Adventure 2015 (#MindaNOWorNever). I hated that I got tired easily when Hannah and I would go on walks and treks.

In the weeks leading to the trip, I fell back into an unhealthy lifestyle: all-nighters, binge eating, no exercise, and that's not even the worst part. I smoked again (I'm back on the road to quitting now, though)! :'( I'm not making excuses: I didn't manage my time (and my workload) well enough, so I ended up rushing to get work done before leaving.
I died a little going up
I struggled on the way down to Tinago Falls (Iligan City), and I struggled even more when I made my way up to go home. When Hannah and I walked uphill from the gate of Dahilayan Gardens and Resort (Bukidnon) to the main campsite, I had to stop halfway to catch my breath. Climbing Ilihan Hill and retracing the foot trails of young Pepe in Rizal Shrine in Dapitan was just completely exhausting.

If I were in shape, all those treks would have been a piece of cake. But I felt heavy, and I hate that.

So now that I'm back in the city, I promised myself that I would slowly get back into shape. I can't exactly go back to jiu-jitsu because of my injuries, and the therapist also forbade me from running. But there's a stationary bike in the condo, and I'll use it to get started on another journey: one that would bring me back to shape.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)