blog

The Proust Questionnaire #15

12:00:00 AM

Question: What is your most marked characteristic?

I had help answering this question. Don't get me wrong - I have enough self-awareness to allow me to enumerate my characteristics, both good and bad. But to pick one and say it is most marked, now that's just difficult. So I asked the question to five friends from different circles: my best friend and life partner, Joandrea; my dear friend and former boss, Bobby; my brother from another mother, teammate and business partner, Franco; my super financial adviser and Kuya Landlord, Jerry; and my oldest friend, Pauline.

Before giving their answers, they commented on how difficult the question was. They gave me a number of different characteristics: articulate, confident, adventurous, hot-headed, principled, impatient, persistent, athletic, adaptive, passionate, stubborn, strong, resilient, rational, and loving. I suppose a different side of me stands out to each of them, depending on our common circumstance.
Grow
The question calls for only one answer, and I'm going to go for resilience despite Joandrea's insistence on loving. Haha! This is a numbers game, and that characteristic was most mentioned (she actually answered that too, so there shouldn't be any hard feelings. Haha!).

I am resilient. I bounce back, no matter how seemingly devastating a blow may be, and each time I do, I'm even stronger. I'm not invincible, nor do I claim to be. But I choose to be strong, because I owe it to myself, and I owe it to the wonderful woman who raised me.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)