blog

FTF / #MindaNOWorNever: Siargao Islands, part 1

12:00:00 AM

It's been weeks since I started writing about The Great Mindanao Adventure, and to be honest, I'm running out of words that would do the places I visited justice. Haha! We have a killer itinerary, and Hannah was the ultimate mastermind behind it.
My pabo-lous seatmate!
After Butuan, Hannah and I headed to Siargao Islands via bus and then via ferry. I had a pabo-lous seatmate during the voyage - a real, live peacock! Haha!
The Pacific.
Clear waters by the tidal pools
Hannah's busy taking pictures
When we got there, another Hannah - our Selecta colleague Andy Libay's niece - welcomed us. She brought us to Magpupungko Beach and Tidal Pools. The boulders there were forged by nothing but natural forces of the Pacific Ocean, and they were majestic. An overwhelming sense of calm quieted me, and for a while, I was able to completely let go of all the noise in my head.
That's not even half of what we were served!
Hannah and I swam by the boulders, and it was the refreshing break that we badly needed after our long journey. Before we headed to our lodgings, Kawili Surf Resort on the other side of the island, Hannah insisted that we join their family for dinner. Apparently, she celebrated her birthday just the day before, and we were in time for the party! Yay!
Hammock!!!
Surf's up!
Kawili was a very nice resort! Save for the water (which was kind of stinky, but Hannah and I learned that the water supply system for the area was still being built), everything about it was perfect. The resort even had WiFi, which came in handy when I had to email a few things to Lendro during my stay there. We also did our laundry there, because we were going to stay long enough for our clothes to dry.
Starting point of the next adventure. 
Bulk of the adventure started the following day. We woke up early and headed to Dapa Port, where we took a boat to Bucas Grande. That whole experience deserves its own post.

(End of part 1)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)