blog

LT / The Proust Questionnaire #17

12:00:00 AM

Question: Who are your favorite writers?

Hands down, Milan Kundera is my favorite writer of all time. I don't think another writer's works will change me the way The Unbearable Lightness of Being did. Don't get me wrong - there are a lot of incredible writers in the world - Shakespeare, Tolkien, Austen, Dickens, Rand, Plath, Garcia-Marquez, Gaiman (I could go on forever so let me just stop here) - and their works are (or should be) on a pedestal.
This man!
(photo from the internet)
Kundera might not even be on the "greatest" lists of most literary critics, but he definitely tops mine. His works are not easy to read, and it takes an open, critical mind to be able to digest his ideas. There's a constant tug-of-war between the real and the surreal, set against a backdrop of politics, history, love, and relationships. Reading him is the best thing you can do for your imagination, to feed your creativity.

Who are your favorite writers?

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)