blog

MW / The most wonderful time of the year

12:00:00 AM

Three years ago, I still lived in Eastwood with Pauline, but I was in Makati almost everyday to hang out with JM and the Beyond Events team. One December evening, I was there again for no good reason when they invited me to tag along to a Christmas party they were attending. As I didn't really have anything better to do, I went with them.

In the car on the way to Wilcon Depot, I got the briefing: we were attending the Cozoz Christmas Party, and Beyond Events needed to participate in the talent show. They didn't have time to prepare something, so we agreed that we'll all just walk up to the stage and sing "Pasko Na Sinta Ko" as a choir. I was to take the lead, since I really do sing anyway.
I didn't have a choice.
(image from the internet)
But "taking the lead" in this case meant going onstage by myself. Haha! When Beyond Events was called, we all stood up. I walked to the stage, but when I looked behind me, NONE OF THEM FOLLOWED ME! So I ended up singing a capella, alone. I thank the Universe that the crowd was very warm and appreciative - they did put their hands together after my number.

To my (super) pleasant surprise, I won Php5,000 for that song number. HOW COOL IS THAT? I didn't even know it was a contest; I just thought you presented because you were required to, like you were in school or something. So yay, easiest five grand of my life! :) I wonder when they're having the party this year. Haha!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)