blog

HFT / New challenge

12:00:00 AM

Gone are the days when I could eat whatever I wanted without putting on pounds. I could finish a half gallon of vanilla ice cream in one sitting. I would easily down three cups of rice in one meal, and still have room for cake. Heck, I'd have bacon, eggs, and rice as my midnight snack, and wake up early the next day for another full breakfast. Good times.
Hyper metabolism. Good old days.
But I'm older now, and my metabolism is not what it once was, so change is in order. Exercise isn't a problem for me - I like moving. Except for the time when I was injured, I made sure that I always squeezed in physical activity into my routine. It's the diet that's really challenging for me. My friend Ed gave what has to be the saddest bit of advice I have ever received in my life: "Don't eat until you're full; eat only until you're not hungry." Sniff.

I'm close to 30, and it's only going to get harder if I wait longer. So I'm going to challenge myself now. At the moment, I weigh 127 pounds, three pounds over the ideal weight for my height. I'd like to lose a little more than that, but of course I don't want to overdo it (I don't want to go back to my SMX weight of 109 pounds). I think 120 to 122 would be a good number for me. Deadline is middle of February 2016, which means I don't have to be extremely mindful what's on my plate for Noche Buena and Media Noche, yay! Haha!

Losing weight is easy; I've done it before and I know I can do it again. It's keeping it off that's tricky, and to do that, I have to take Ed's advice. Won't be easy, but it has to be done. Wish me luck! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)