blog

LT / The Proust Questionnaire #22

12:00:00 AM

Question: What is your motto?

"Nothing is ever handed to you in life. Everyday, you wake up and fight for your place at the table. You are not entitled to anything. So if you want something, go for it, fight for it, all pistons firing."
Uh, the proverbial sort.
(image from the internet)
On a sheet of acid-free paper, I wrote those words with a Sharpie so I could post it in my bedroom and read it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It's not the first thing I see when I wake up, but not a day goes by that I don't take a quick pause to read it. I have good days and bad days like everyone else. I get tired, and I get demotivated. Being able to read this often is a big help.

It's not always enough to get me through completely - sometimes, I really need to take a break from everything by going out of town or something - but on days when I need a quick boost to accomplish a daunting task or project, this is a big help.

This is actually a combination of a quote that my former colleague sent me ("Get up and fight for your place at the table; you only get what you're willing to work for") and a part of one of Jon Favreau's lines in the movie Wimbledon (on what makes Kirsten Dunst's character extraordinary: "No embarrassment, no fear; she wants something, she goes for it all pistons firing").

What is your motto?

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)