BJJ

LT / About the author

12:00:00 AM

I can't believe I forgot to write about this in my blog! Haha!

Last year, I wrote an article for the country's #1 MMA website, Dojo Drifter following Deftac Ribeiro Jiu-Jitsu Philippines' overall win at the 2015 Pan Asian Jiu-Jitsu International Open. It's not my finest or most creative work - it's really just a brief news feature. But seeing that piece published made me so happy because of this:
Screenshot
When Don asked me to write the article about the 2015 Pan Asians, he didn't mention right away that he also needed me to write a brief piece about myself for the author profile. I write a lot, yes, but I've never actually written my personal profile - my resume doesn't have one, and I usually just write whatever comes to mind for bios on my social media profiles (I'm Batman for Google+, The Wild Card a.k.a. Ramen Girl for Swarm, Eudaimonia for Instagram).

So yeah, the task of writing my profile was even more taxing than the article, itself! Haha! So I decided to have fun with it. At the time I wrote that, I was really, really, really into jiu-jitsu and MMA. I've always wanted to be Batman (not Batgirl! Haha!), but I'm really just a pen for hire. The version that was printed has actually been shortened. Here's the original:

Isay M. Roque is a BJJ white belt/training dummy who dreams of changing the world, one armbar at a time. She is a mixed martial arts nut with delusions that she is the real-life incarnation of Batman. On her saner days, Isay is a writer who will accept jobs in exchange for cash, food, and/or martial arts lessons, and a whip-cracker in her work in events and production. Her brainfarts are published on her blog, isawisay.blogspot.com, which people can read at their own risk. 

I think the edited one is snappier. :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)