blog

All things change

12:00:00 AM

I've been away for quite a while - partly because I'm busy, and partly because I wanted to think about where my blog is headed. I write about a lot of things, and I have so much more in me to write. The categories, however, are a bit restrictive. I put them there before for structure, which for me is necessary. But it also causes me stress, particularly on days when I don't have fresh topics to write about a certain category. And because I don't like skipping days, I sometimes force myself to write a blog post just for the sake of publishing something six times a week (like clockwork).
I went away to think.
(photo by Erika Lim, shot at Liw-liwa, Zambales)
The purpose of the blog remains the same: to reach out to people and hope that whatever I share through this channel helps someone in one way or another. I think that, to a certain extent, I was able to do so; there have been a handful of readers who reached out to me to say that they enjoyed reading what I write. There was even someone who said that one of my posts "changed her life." That definitely made three years of blogging worthwhile.

But I've changed so much over the past few months that I took a break. I'm no longer the same person I was in January. So I figured that it's time for the blog to change, too. I'm keeping the category system because I really function better with structure, but I will remove the day restriction. I also won't pressure myself to publish something daily - the minimum is thrice a week. Here are the categories:
  • Adventures. For travel, mainly - which I've been doing quite a lot of lately.
  • Creativity. For writing, reading, music, art, and all things creative.
  • Wellness. This is similar to Health & Fitness Tuesday, but made broader to include the soul. 
  • Firsts. For first-time experiences not covered by the other categories, like First-Time Friday.
  • Life. For sharing of whatever pieces of wisdom I pick up on the way.
If you've read my blog before, welcome back! I hope you like the change. If you're new here, welcome! I hope you enjoy what you read.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)