life

Finally, tattoos that aren't words

12:00:00 AM

So I got three new tattoos. Yup, you read that right - I got THREE! My friends Raymond and Reese asked why I got a lot, and in case you're wondering, too, here's why: it's my tradition to get one tattoo every time I come home to Dumaguete, and I wasn't able to get it done last January because Karla's machine conked out.

I almost wasn't able to get one on my most recent visit, either, because she had exams. But because I just couldn't break tradition two visits in a row, I called Natalie to ask for help. She called our friend Enting, one of the best drummers in all of Dumaguete and maybe even the country, who then introduced me to tattoo artist Alvin Espina Amores.
Enting (not in photo) and Alvin to the rescue!
Photo by Klaro Trasmonte
Well, "introduced" is not the most accurate term for what Enting did for me. He not only met with me in El Amigo to drive me to Alvin's home slash tattoo parlor, he actually SKIPPED WORK to do so. Natalie only told me about the skipping work bit after I got my tattoos done, because she knew I would have said no. She's right, of course, but I'll admit I'm actually pretty glad she didn't say anything. HAHA!

So here are the results:
Fire Tiger
Photo by Klaro Trasmonte
Semicolon
I got the Fire Tiger tattoo on my right leg above my ankle, while I got the semicolon tattoo on the side of my left wrist. Neither was painful - especially the latter, as it barely took five minutes for Alvin to get it done! The Capricorn tattoo, on the other hand, is a completely different story.
Cosmos within the Capricorn
Photo by Klaro Trasmonte
Placed on my back, upper left side near the shoulder, the outlining and shading of this tattoo is one of the most painful experiences I've had to go through in all my (almost thirty) years. At first, I only wanted it to be black, but Alvin showed me an image of the Cosmos and he said he could do it like that. Enting agreed with him, and I did find it nice, so I went with it. The shading almost killed me, but it was worth it! I love it!

It took about three and a half hours to finish all the tattoos. Alvin is a miracle worker! :) If you're interested in getting a tattoo from him, you can contact him via Facebook.

Enting, if you ever get to read this: THANK YOU for skipping work to help me get my tattoos done. AND for taking care of me after that, too! You're super awesome! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)