wellness

This place has a new regular

12:00:00 AM

I'm not one to deprive myself of a massage when I feel like I really need one - when I'm stressed, or tired, or both, I pick up my phone and call my suki therapist for a massage right at home. The nice thing about it is I get to sleep right after!
Bad photo, sorry! Haha
But every now and then, I do try new places in the neighborhood - the latest one is Touch and Heal along Leviste St., Salcedo Village, Makati City. I found myself at their doorstep a  couple of weeks ago. I was on my way home from a really long day at work when my peripheral vision caught the word massage on their lighted sign.

Normally, I'd just go home and call my suki. But I had late dinner plans that evening with my friends Omai and Boks, so I didn't have an hour to spare, which was the minimum for home service therapists. I walked in to check what they had to offer, and I found exactly what I needed: a 30-minute head and back massage.
Borrowed this photo from their Facebook page because my phone camera couldn't cut it in the dark.
Although the massage area was dimly-lit, I could clearly see that the interiors were tastefully decorated. They made me sit on one of the (really comfortable) lounge chairs as they soaked my feet in warm sudsy water. I stayed there for about five minutes, before I was led to a separate room for the massage.
Again, borrowed photo.
The massage room had all the usual items you'd expect to see: a massage bed (with the cut-out for your face, haha!), a traditional Zen lamp, and a hanger. But what I like about this place is the locker; knowing full well that my stuff is secure inside it definitely contributed to my relaxation. That, and their DIY vaporizer - a bowl with hot water and a few drops of essential oils, placed under the massage bed right where my face fit the cut-out.

I signed on for a 30-minute session, but it felt so much longer than that - and I mean that in a good way. Usually, a massage that short would leave me bitin, but this one's just right. They made me choose from different massage oil scents, and I picked peppermint because I figured it might help relieve my mildly clogged nose.

After my session, they offered me hot tea, which was a perfect way to cap off the experience. As I wiped off the excess oil with the hot towel they gave me with the tea, I knew that I was going to become a frequent customer here.

True enough, I was back in a few days to try the Hot Stone Massage. It was my first time to try that kind of treatment, and it was unbelievable! I felt amazing after. I chose that massage because I was experiencing back pain, and I read online that the stones can help relieve that by expanding blood vessels, which then promotes blood flow throughout the body.
Addresses, for reference!
Writing this makes me want to get another massage, haha! Anyway, they have three branches in Makati CBD - one in Legaspi (Cypress Gardens Condo in Rodriguez St.) and two in Salcedo (PDCP Bank Center in Rufino St. cor. Leviste St. and Westgate Plaza in Bautista St.) - so you may want to drop by there next time you need some R&R. :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)