firsts

Eyebrows on fleek, yo!

12:00:00 AM

So yeah, I'm straight as an arrow but I am far from being girly-girl. I don't wear makeup, and I don't even comb my hair. And my eyebrows are freaking all over the place - because no, I don't have time or the motivation to pluck, shave, or wax them. They're not bushy anyway, so I just neglect them. Haha!

But life has a way of making you try some new things every so often, and my friend Kristine recommended that I get my eyebrows fixed at The Brow Studio. She convinced me when she said it was only going to take about 10 to 15 minutes and maintain it every three weeks. A branch recently opened in Century Mall, which is a 10-minute walk from my condo, so that's where I went.
Well, why not?
So Kristine wasn't lying when she said it wouldn't take long - I was in and out of there in 15 minutes! Since it was my first time, I got Brow Design (it's Php328 only), so they can help me find the right brow shape for my face. My Brow Designer is Tintin - she's very warm and she really explained to me what she was going to do. Since I don't have thick eyebrows, she will let them grow out a bit. But she will shape it and then clean up the surrounding area.
I found the chair amusing!
I looked at my face in the mirror when she was done, and I kid you not when I say that it really looked like I got an instant face lift or something! My eyes seemed a bit bigger and brighter, maybe because there were no stray brow hairs near the lids. And the best part about it is it won't grow back quickly - so it's perfect for people like me who are too lazy for maintenance. :)

Three weeks after my Brow Design session, I even got a text message from Brow Studio to remind me that my brows were due for a clean-up. Since I've already had my brows "designed" by them, I only had to go for the Brow Clean-Up Express, which was only Php188 - not bad for something that lasts me a month!
Brow Design on my first visit!
I'm not a hairy person so I don't have to stick to their recommended maintenance schedule of every three weeks - once a month is enough for me. I had lunch with my Dad in Eastwood the week after I got their reminder text, so I opted to get it done in the branch there instead. I'm just as happy with the result, but for obvious reasons, I'm going to stick with the Century Mall branch for my future clean-ups.

One last note - just to be clear, I already knew what threading was before I went to Brow Studio. I've tried it once in high school in a small salon in Bulacan, but I never went back to them again because I was grossed out by it. The lady was cutting the thread with her teeth! I'm glad they don't do that at Brow Studio. And oh, the thread is different, too - it's not the same thread we use to patch up clothes, although I didn't bother asking them what it was.

Overall, Brow Studio gave me a whole new threading experience that's just a thousand times better. And surprisingly, I'm actually looking forward to my monthly appointments with them!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)